It's all speculation Vic, I'd like to see one of the Bussekin make a knife thin and sharp enough for Bushcraft be it a Kephart style or Scandi etc,I think that for a small thin knife of this style it would be best in SR101, INFI or even 154cm if someone prefered stainless.I'm just not sure if the demand for a Bushcraft knife would be there from the followers of Bussekin knives !!!

Have you considered reprofiling a Busse kin knife to similar geometry? I gave my Mud Puppy a thin, convex edge bevel and gave it a nice polish. It will carve wood with the best of my thin knives, and will baton and pry wood without issue. I also took my Dogfather down pretty thin and it has no trouble chopping wood without experience edge deformation. In fact before I even bought my first Busse kin product I inquired to make sure the warranty was still valid if I heavily reprofiled my edges, because to me all knives should be ground to cut. Whether I'm using a SAK or my Dogfather, I need my blade to penetrate what I'm cutting as easily as possible. To me toughness would be worthless if it didn't include toughness at the very edge at thinner geometries. Thankfully I've had nothing but good experiences with Scrapyards and Swamp Rat's under thin edge angles so far, otherwise I wouldn't be so fond of them. A tough knife that can't hold a 20 degree inclusive edge (Or thinner) is worthless to me personally.