So, I have a bit of a dilemma that some here may be familiar with. I want to purchase a gun. Here are my options:

Ruger 10/22
Pros - Cheap to shoot and plenty of room for upgrading
Cons - Kinda weak

Used Ruger(?) .30-06(?) with a Bushnell Scope (I don't remember exactly what
this gun was other than a bolt action Ruger with the scope)
Pros - Comes with a descent scope and has longer range than the 10/22
Cons - More expensive than the 10/22 and more costly to shoot

Ruger SR-9
Pros - Better quality than current gun I have. Ammo is showing up more
frequently and at better prices. More powerful than a .380 acp.
Cons - About the same price as the bolt action rifle.

Currently, all I have is a Hi-Point .380 acp. What I don't like about my current gun is the scarcity and current high price of the ammo. The gun shoots fine and was inexpensive, but I've also come to realize that I want something with a longer range. The 10/22 fits the bill for financial reasons, but I really like the idea of having a more powerful bolt action rifle. The SR-9 just seems nice and I like that 9 mm ammo is showing up more even though nobody seems to have a clue when .380 will be back in stock. Oh, and if any laws here in California change, handguns will probably be the first things to be affected, so maybe I should buy the SR-9 while I still can?

Anyone's help would be great!

P.S. To keep things on track, my budget is probably $450 max, but I'd rather spend less, so Glocks, XDs, 1911s, ARs, etc... are out of my range (although I was excited to find out that "AR" style guns can be bought in California if a "tool" is needed to remove the magazine)