I am new to this forum but I own all of the afore mentioned firearms and here is an opinion (after all that is what forums are for). As mentioned before the 30-06 is perfect if you intend to hunt. It is what I use locally for elk and deer to fill the freezer. However, if you do not have a 22lr it is a must have caliber for its utility, ease of carry and light ammo (it’s also fun and the best way to learn to shoot well). I have 3 22lrs including the 10/22. For the price it is impossible to beat. However, a good bolt action is better for reliability and accuracy. Although not made in USA the CZ 452 22lr has a superior trigger is more precise and the magazine is more reliable than the 10/22 (shop around until one goes on sale and you can acquire one for far less than retail). I have replaced every part of my 10/22 with the exception of the receiver to make it equal to my CZ because it set a new standard for 22lrs. My favorite firearm to consider and the one that has found a home in my BOB is the ruger mark II target pistol. Off my ransom rest it shoots less than 1/2” at fifty yards, is easy to carry and I can hit paint cans off hand at 100yds. It’s an impressive shooter. If you buy a rifle, plan on paying as much for the optics as you did the firearm. I have seen too many good guns with cheep scopes on them that do not do them justice and fail at the most inappropriate time. There are some optics that are less expensive and are up to the challenge just do your homework (I also have a scope on my Mark II pistol).