"Over the past 20 years he has longed to return to his first love of making knives. And for nearly 25 years, scrap piles of unused steel and handle material have been building up in the Busse knife shop. Dan is a firm believer in the “waste not, want not” school of thought and it is this belief and desire that has coursed him back into what is now known as The Scrap Yard Knife Company. Through months of ”dumpster diving” and warehouse digging at the Busse Knife compound, Dan and I have secured literally tons of the finest tool steels available and other supplies that will allow us to bring a line of high performance American made blades to the market place at very affordable prices.

Enjoy your visit to our website and we look forward to assisting you in your quest for the ultimate knife."

Patti Busse

I'll take her at her word. I think Dan makes the knives from stuff he scrounged up at the Busse Knife compound. I would think that they are made in Spring, Texas. But Dan was not known for making "pretty" knives. He concentrated on functional knives. Maybe the LEs are polished up at Busse Knives?

Last edited by Horn Dog; 04/12/07 10:51 AM.

Horned, dangerous, and off my medication.