I'm really not a shotgun guy. I've had a few nice O/U. The nicest being a Beretta 687 Silver Pigeon. However, I couldn't bring myself to pull that through Iowa weeds in search of ringnecks so it was traded in. I've owned a couple of really nice Browning A5's too. In fact, I had one of the last Tribute A5's made (they had fully engraved nickle receivers with gold accents). I'm not a "collector" so it too was traded.

My final assessment on shotguns has always been: practical over pretty!

That's why I have ugly black aluminum and plastic Benelli's, and matte Remington 870s. In fact, I'm so not interested in shotguns I've been meaning to sell my 870 Police and 870 Special Purpose. I simply don't need them and have never even fired the Police. The SPS has a whopping 5 "sight in" rounds fired before it was shelved. I'm 100% covered with my M1S90 for deer and defense, M2 Field for wing, and wife's 870 20g for house/farm/general purpose use.

Last edited by Architect; 06/09/14 12:51 PM.

JYD #123 The great one formerly known as Architect.

I am now a fictional British television police officer (currently a Detective Sgt) at Thames Valley Station. My governor is Detective Inspector Fred Thursday and it’s 1969.