I have some mixed feelings on DSA rifles but am happy to admit that is purely anecdotal as I have not handled one made in the past five years.

For a light and forward grip I would just aquire a second set of handgaurds and add some appropriate rail to them. The FAL is no light weight already (nor is any real battle rifle)and the whole quad rail thing will serve to throw out the balance (and add unnecessary weight)and ergonomics of what is arguably the best of the breed. Unless you intend clearing rooms *I* (and I certainly don't profess to be a font of knowledge on the subject)don't see the use of a light on a 7.62 rifle in the bush, certainly no need that is not served by a quality light on your person. I also don't see the need on a 5.56 rifle/SMG unless that whole room clearing thing is envisaged. I have hummmm, some professional cause to carry one of H&Ks newer products from time to time and yes it does wear a light, foregrip, Aimpoint and dual clamped magazines BUT it's main use is for VERY close quarters. If I take to the scrub the light is gets dumped in my rig and the second clamped magazine removed and back in the pouch. Accidentally activating a weapon mounted light out in the night (OK I am assuming you are not operating NV and the light is unfiltered)is begging for some bad guy to come hard you.

Not all FALs are big and long either, I am not saying this one is "practical" but it sure is FUN... wink All the toys belong to a good mate of mine in the US BTW...

[Linked Image from i997.photobucket.com]