Originally Posted by Whiskey Kilo
What bothers me is the "two weeks". I get it, its a joke. I build custom live edge tables. I don't tell people 2 weeks, I tell them I will have it ready when it meets my expectations and there requirements. If there was a hint months ago then there is a idea or prototype. What is the harm in letting us know what it is so we can decide if we want it or if we are waiting until the next release. Especially in my situation, I live about 4.5 hours drive from the yard, but since there is a border in the way I pay $50usd for shipping. So I have to factor that with the exchange rate into my purchase. I for one would like a heads up about putting some extra cash aside. I send build photos to buyers to let them know how things are going. It helps with the wait. But hey I am just a polite Canadian...

The timing between unveiling a product and making it available is a big deal. Spyderco used to show prototypes at many different stages, but recently they've stopped showing products that aren't in the final pre-production phase because waiting a year or more between announcing a product and releasing it takes a lot of wind out of the sales.
People get much, much more excited for something when it's fresh in their mind, and not just fresh off the shelf.
The Busse sales strategy hinges almost solely on word of mouth, when they have something to sell they want everyone and their dog to be talking about it. Mindshare at that specific point in time is critical.