Well alrighty then. After much searchin, thinking, trial and error, thinking some more I have finalized the blades I will be housing in my new Spec Ops Combat Master (short) sheaths. Got them from a really good dog that is letting go of an Outhouse load of gear and I was able to snag just what I needed.

OK. In one I have after MUCH deliberation my 411. It is just right for my as the handling and blade length and thickness is I feel the best overall "Bushcraft" AKA Every Day Woods Carry or EDWC knife. In the Other one I have my Scrapper 5. I handled both quite extensively in a multitude of hand positions and for me at least the 411 won out even though I think the S5 will make a better piercer the 411 just felt better in MY hand. I even considered the Wardog but it already has a couple sheaths it will fit in so I didn't put to much consideration to housing it in one of the Spec Ops sheaths.

Now for a larger knife, I have considered several. The 711, B8, Bullnosed Regulator and the Lean Cut Chophouse. As far as "Choppers" go, the Lean Cut is by far the winner. BUT I want a sort of dedicated chopper or one that can chop but also lends itself more to other duties as well easier thatn the LC? I thought long ago I had this all figured out, but now that I have finally gotten a couple good sized packs (one 33 liters and one 38 liters) I am rethinking my bladeware, again. I DO know one blade that will be on my pants belt, the Muppy. The others are still sort of up in the air, but the 411 is leading the pack as far as "Regular usin knives" go.

I also have I guess three really robust folders that two of which will be finding new homes. I have the Gingrich Folder (large), the ZT 0909 and the emerson Rendition. Any of the three would make for a good additional backup blade for Just in case.

And as I stated earlier, I just now have to figure out what will be going on my "Secondary Belt". I plan on having an EDC fixed blade, POSSIBLY two plastic USGI canteens, a small boo boo first aid kit and I'm not really sure what else.

Do I really think I need to do all this, actually no, EXCEPT for emergencies of the Mother Nature Variety. But with that being said, things are getting bad closer to Podunk Missouri what with the three shootings in less than 8 hours we had just 25 miles from here.

Once I get my new Kelty pack in and load er up I need to set my Molle vest up the way I THINK I want it and see how it plays with the new pack and make adjustments where and in what ways are needed, IF I use it at all. Decisions like this make my Brain hurt, and in my case it sure don't take much.

But on a lighter side, I finally have all the FAK stuff I need, I think. Patty had squirrel holed (sorry DT) some stuff from when I had my back surgery. It's never been opened, so should be good to go.

It will all work out. May take some time but I'll get it done how I want.

Last edited by SkunkHunter; 06/01/20 10:08 PM.

A Little Paranoia Will Keep
You Safe (ALPWKYS)

Be a Sheepdog
JYD#105