A gas generator is good, but they are loud and need plenty of gas. They will immediately call attention to you; not desirable for a bug-out location. A solar panel is quiet and just needs the sun. You can buy power inverters at Walmart that will work well at providing you with a couple of outlets for electrical items. For super-sensitive items like computers you should get a true sine-wave inverter; they provide "clean" power similar to your present household current.
When the big ice storm knocked out power a few years ago, we were able to watch television for the news as well as entertainment using a 12 volt battery and inverter. I never had to charge the battery using a solar panel before the power was back on, but I am set up to do so if needed. We have a propane cooktop so I didn't need one of my Coleman stoves, and used the grill or Brinkman propane oven for baking. Something you might consider is a Camp Chef; it has a couple of burners as well as an oven. You can find them on eBay or at Sportsmans Guide. It's a cooktop and oven in one single unit, and you can hook up a 20# propane tank to it.

Junk Yard Dog #1
Moderator/Leader of the Pack
Good night Mrs. B, wherever you are!
Long Live the Brotherhood of the Yard!