so I had a old phone and finally chewed a fist sized hole through the center shooting pellets at 30 or so feet. I'm fresh out of phone books so I started looking for other options. turns out old magazines and newspaper ads stacked in a proper sized box make for good pellet traps. I had a old box from a blender that was the perfect size. I stacked the magazines up with the binding toward the rear of the box since I figure by the time I chew threw a few magazines this I should know it but if I don't the added density would prevent pellets from doing to much damage. I also decided it's probably best to allow the magazines to slope upwards towards the rear. The last thing I did was find a metal panel to put behind the trap so to prevent any pellets from punching through the trap and hitting dry wall. I also hope to find metal panels to place on the sides and a larger piece of plywood or particle board to reduce the damaged of any potential flyers.

I haven't shot this trap with any .22lr but I am using a pretty hard hitting .22 caliber air rifle. all signs point to the heft of the magazine pages and the round hitting the page lenth of the page instead of the flat surfice as being more than capable of handing maybe 3-5 full house .22lr rounds in the same hole. probably will do much better since I have noticed that the pages tend to wad up in the back of the hole when shot along the lenth of the page instead of clearing a path. would definitely test it and find a much better backstop I was doing .22lr though.

big plus about his trap is that one you chew out the center you just replace the affected magazines with some more old one and you are good to go. almost anything that's 8x11 seems to be fine in my little box. probably have a few thousand shots shooting 5 target pages.

And I think I will find some kind of heavy canvas bag to dump the shredded mags in. something thatt may make for a nice quiet sling shot trap.

JYD #82 yup...