i like it a lot although i only own 2 pieces of gear from him.i liked the fanny pack he makes so much i bought a second.no frills,no BS and top notch quality.think of CSM as the mom and pop version of tactical nylon and i happen to have an article on here CSM GEAR that i kept years ago,along with other manufacturers.

the company is owned and the gear made by a guy named Retired Navy Chief Mike McMillan.iy says he was a corpsman with recon marines and ended up as chief CQB instructor at the marine corps. spec-ops training group and served from 1982-2004.

thats when he opened up shop in his garage next to the navy special warfare base.

apparently CSM stands for "Celar Silens Mortalis" which means "swift,silent,deadly" which according to them is the motto of the recon community.
i never knew that.

in mikes own words ......

"most of my gear is very,very simple.i try and keep it that way.i'll give you an example.the U.S. Customs Dept. just bought a bunch of slings and every sling came with a DVD on how to mount it on their weapons.to me,thats retarded.the operator has enough to think about without having to think about how to put on his gear.if you need a DVD to tell you how to mount a sling...."

so basically its a small shop run by him and his wife only and most of his work is for other troops but he does sell to the public.i always like supporting the mom and pop type outfits whether it be knives,nylon or the local pharmacy.

probably more info than you wanted or where prepared for but like i said i had the article laying around so......

Northern-1...aka Bad2TheBone...aka NorthernMarsh 1st member of Scrapyard hatchet/hawk club