EMF,

as far as i know the SOB isnt a limited run.you may be thinking of the ALICE type pack they did.

the SOB is great and leaps and bounds above the maratec,countycomm bags.mine fell apart.i only wish the SOB had some interior pockets or organizers.the inside is all yellow though so you can find stuff in there instead of it being a black hole.

as far as the kifaru.it was the zulu i had trouble with and it has something to do with the built in,adjustable aluminum frame.i think it just needs some tweeking.unfortunately i didnt realize that until i was a few miles from the car.havnt taken a trip yet where i need that much pack but now that warmer weather is coming the time is ripe.

as far as my other kifarus no problems.i use the E&E pack absolutely every single day,no fail and take it to work and the X-RAY pack is superb.i only run into problems when i stuff 70 pounds of gear in the zulu.its almost expected.

i just checked the kifaru web-site and it looks like a whole lot has changed.gonna do some studdying on their "next generation" of gear.

Northern-1...aka Bad2TheBone...aka NorthernMarsh 1st member of Scrapyard hatchet/hawk club