I know this thread hasn’t received a post in a while. I tried to post to it right after I joined this site, but I took too long and got kicked out without it being posted.

Anyway, I’ll give my inputs on the Jumbo.

In my opinion, it carries well whether you put it on the intended shoulder or on the opposite shoulder. It is better on the shoulder for which intended, but still carries very well for me on the other shoulder. The concealed carry pocket’s zipper has only one slider, which might be an access issue for some who might want to swap it back and forth between shoulders.

I carry mine mainly as a “daypack” for hunting, fishing, and trapping. The best benefit of this type of pack is quick access to frequently needed contents without removing it like I would have to do with a two-strap backpack.
Instead of using the Velcro attachment on the back of the pack to attach to the belt holding up my pants, I use a ¾” nylon strap with quick release buckle. This allows me to carry it in the rear (out of the way while walking), keep it stabilized while running (or jumping, climbing, crossing fences, crawling, or bending over), and swing it to the front without unhooking it from my real belt.

A paracord loop (or two – one for each row of webbing at the base of the shoulder strap above the water bottle pouch) carries a tomahawk very well for me. (NOTE: I cover the edge of the tomahawk with a “slip-sleeve” from Rainwalker. It’s a great piece of kydex.)

The ROLLYPOLY® FOLDING DUMP POUCH is a great addition for those who tend to pick up things along the way.

If you buy directly from Maxpedition’s website, new colors have recently become available, but I have not yet seen them on other retailer’s websites.