Re: End of the World as we Know it? [Re: coyotebc] #781203 07/06/13 01:26 AM
SkunkHunter Online Content
Junk Yard Dog
Online Content
Junk Yard Dog
Originally Posted by coyotebc
You don't need a passport to come up here
You just need a passport to get back home

Dang! Why couldn't that have been the case when Bill Clinton became a draft dodger during the Vietnam war.

A Little Paranoia Will Keep
You Safe (ALPWKYS)

Be a Sheepdog
JYD#105
Re: End of the World as we Know it? [Re: DogTired] #781204 07/06/13 01:45 AM
greaser Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
lol that is true Coyote but my wife would be quite upset when I didn't come home, well at least I hope she would be. lol

JYD#176
"dein Gott schickte mich zu zerstören"
"Sic semper evello mortem Tyrannis"
"Sometimes the chance of a zombie outbreak is the only reason I need to make many of my life's Decisions." General Delivery
Re: End of the World as we Know it? [Re: DogTired] #781317 07/06/13 10:28 PM
Feldgrun Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
Do you folks have any favorite TEOTWAWKI fiction? I've read a couple which were pretty good, though I'm not sure how realistic they were.

JYD #183
Re: End of the World as we Know it? [Re: DogTired] #781323 07/06/13 10:55 PM
gun dog Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
Patriots by James Wesley rawles

Any day I'm above the grass and I'm not a zombie is a good day! JYD#138

Re: End of the World as we Know it? [Re: Endeavour Morse] #781326 07/06/13 11:12 PM
tedsterosa Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
Originally Posted by Architect
Originally Posted by Feldgrun
I think that we can all have a positive influence in the world, including in politics. If good people do nothing, and don't help to prevent stupid laws, then we're stuck with something we don't like or want.

"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent." Thomas Jefferson

I'm well versed.

After years of failed attempts at educating people, personal involvement in politics (including board memberships in political action committees, rallies, speaking engagements, etc), countless books read trying to prepare myself for the "next" debate, etc I came to one harrowing conclusion: most people simply don't care as long as they have sports on TV and beer.

Panem et circenses!

However, I applaud those like yourself that still hold out hope over the crushing weight of our current apathy.

The highlighted section is what got me thinking. There are so many distractions out there. A lot of people have been saying "God fearing" so I'm guessing what I say next won't offend people. It is so important to have a personal relationship with God. That is the MOST IMPORTANT THING. Don't get me wrong, prepping is important. Being a future Public Health professional, everyone should have a BOB and plenty of supplies for disasters, wars, etc. BUT, life is very fragile and can be cut short at any moment. I could die in a car accident tomorrow. So what is important is how I live my life now. Doesn't the Bible say "don't be afraid of the one who can hurt hurt your body, but be afraid of the one who can hurt your soul"? Distractions are part of that. When they take away time from your relationships with God, family, and friends; that is when they are damaging.

JYD #181
Re: End of the World as we Know it? [Re: DogTired] #781327 07/06/13 11:21 PM
gun dog Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
I agree. If your not right with god then its all worthless

Re: End of the World as we Know it? [Re: tedsterosa] #781331 07/06/13 11:34 PM
coyotebc Online Content
Junk Yard Dog
Online Content
Junk Yard Dog
I
Originally Posted by tedsterosa
Originally Posted by Architect
Originally Posted by Feldgrun
I think that we can all have a positive influence in the world, including in politics. If good people do nothing, and don't help to prevent stupid laws, then we're stuck with something we don't like or want.

"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent." Thomas Jefferson

I'm well versed.

After years of failed attempts at educating people, personal involvement in politics (including board memberships in political action committees, rallies, speaking engagements, etc), countless books read trying to prepare myself for the "next" debate, etc I came to one harrowing conclusion: most people simply don't care as long as they have sports on TV and beer.

Panem et circenses!

However, I applaud those like yourself that still hold out hope over the crushing weight of our current apathy.

The highlighted section is what got me thinking. There are so many distractions out there. A lot of people have been saying "God fearing" so I'm guessing what I say next won't offend people. It is so important to have a personal relationship with God. That is the MOST IMPORTANT THING. Don't get me wrong, prepping is important. Being a future Public Health professional, everyone should have a BOB and plenty of supplies for disasters, wars, etc. BUT, life is very fragile and can be cut short at any moment. I could die in a car accident tomorrow. So what is important is how I live my life now. Doesn't the Bible say "don't be afraid of the one who can hurt hurt your body, but be afraid of the one who can hurt your soul"? Distractions are part of that. When they take away time from your relationships with God, family, and friends; that is when they are damaging.

My friend that is part of the problem today
A person of faith should not have to fear that they might offend someone by expressing their faith

I am not a man of faith nor belief however I do respect those of you who are
Each person should feel free to express their beliefs AND allow others to express theirs

If I sit at your table to break bread, I will bow my head with you if saying grace is your custom

If you sit at my table, I will bow my head with you if saying grace is your custom

The stripes of a tiger don't wash away. Be a man of steel not clay JYD #102
Re: End of the World as we Know it? [Re: DogTired] #781332 07/06/13 11:36 PM
gun dog Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
Well said its not about forcing your views on others but respecting each other.

Re: End of the World as we Know it? [Re: DogTired] #781337 07/06/13 11:56 PM
tedsterosa Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
TROOF!

JYD #181
Page 8 of 17 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 16 17