the first three I mentioned are actually plenty of rifle for sure. its just amazing how many features and likable things they put into the Maruader. A rotating 10 round clip, adjustable power, presure gauge, barrel shroud, 1lb "match grade" trigger. And from the vid reviews it was pretty consistent performance across the board. I don't like the extra pump myself but when you consider 30 shots without every having to shift you hold on the rifle then i think that's a good deal fro most practical purposes.

The whole pump thing can get pretty expensive as well since they are specialized. But I really don't see it as being a huge negative on this type of rifle.

Another thing is that I already have an air rifle that gets the job done but it kicks like a jacked up mule. Not the funnest plinker in the world. It's because of the violent action of the huge spring. Thats the main thing keeping me from just grabbing the Stoeger and calling it a day. It doesn't appear to be as bad but if I'm goin to grab an air rifle I might as well upgrade. It's called a Nirtro Piston which is the NP in the Trail series. They are both fine rifle and plenty or rifle. The XL seems to be plenty for all things you would consider for a .22 air rifle. But at $300 the question was what's next. The break barrel loading can be a tedious process when plinking but I could live with it. The Marauder is more like a magazine fed bolt rifle for up to 30-40 full powered shots. It takes forever and a whole lot of movement to put 40 shots through a break barrel air rifle. Quiet is a but of a priority to this as well. Pretty much anything else is going move a lot of air and get pretty loud. I also would like to stay just below subsonic and still hit hard. Trail NP XL does hit that mark. Is this stuff worth $600? I feel it is if it can stop me from wanting a supressed .22 and also be able to show up at my door without any hassle. All I want to do is move lead fast, efficiently, and quietly. The feature of the Marauder seem to cover that better than anything else I've seen. But acquaint funds will be the determining factor. I always choose to buy a quality rifle when I can. I don't have enough requirements to justify spending more but can justify reasons for not spending less than the Marauder. Oh and the Marauder is US made with "some foreign parts".

I think for long term the Marauder takes the win. If I just wanted to pick off a possum I would spend the $150 and get something for that. There's also quality rifles like RWS and Beeman and a while bunch more. But when it comes to shooting just for shootings sake I think there's apt going for the Benjamin Marauder.

Now that I'm wording my thoughts out it's starting to really seem like the way to go.

JYD #82 yup...