I dug up this old post from another forum about INFI, not sure if it is correct or not.......

"In another post, Mr. Busse agreed that my analysis was correct, with the addition of .11% nitrogen and .5% carbon, which the radioactive isotope spectral analysis can't detect. So, the complete formula is:

V .36% Vanadium
Cr 8.25% Chrome
Fe 87.79% Iron
Co .95% Cobalt
Ni .74% Nickel
Mo 1.3% Molybdenum
C .5% carbon
N .11% Nitrogen

These numbers should not be assumed to be exactly right, the cobalt at .95% is probably supposed to be 1.0%, but they should be close."

a "dirty steel" that performs well is a steel that performs well. an ultra clean steel that does not perform well, is, well, a steel that does not perform well. i dont see why it should be a determining factor on the overall opinion of a steel. if a person does the research, and finds that a "dirty" steel can be molded into a steel that has high performance, good deal.

"Most components are so small, that they donīt have an effect on the steel."
i would like to here a metallergists opinion on how trace elements can effect how a steel is heat tread, how it is made, and how it effects the matrix structure of a steel. all of wich can help go towards its end performance.

several people have said before on the forum that jerry does buy the steel at a very high permium, as it is a special product."