I started quite a thread with the idea of micarta or wood handles.
I would only want to see micarta or wood on a LE model. I would definitly not want anything but RES C on any of the other yard knives. I have bought 2 pieces of canvas micarta for a knife I made and they were 20$. I would rather see wood myself especially on a bowie. Hickory is one of my favorite handle materials because it is cheap and with the proper grain hickory is almost twice as strong as the next strongest wood. I get my hickory from old tools at the recycle centre.
It is a great material. People tend to forget natural materials nowadays but in many cases they are better than the synthetics that have replaced them.

Just think of a satin Dogfather with a hickory handle and nice leather sheath.
I would keep mine mint and think it would look great next to my CG dogfather once it has 10 or 20 years of scars. You could still use a hickory handled DF just as
hard as a CG and it would be awesome for reanactors. I totally agree that Swamprat changing to micarta was a bad idea(other than it led to the scrapyard being viable)but it makes sense only for a limited edition model.

I like your idea Diceman. The SS4 had mudder grips and a satin back edge to make it special.

"if you want to be a hero you have to learn to drive stick"! Sara Conner