Thanks hook, I'll learn from your experience and say no on that one., I didn't pay 900$ for the AK to not have back up irons. I don't know how easy it would be to find, but for a short while Larue Tactical was producing what they called the AK Irondot. It was/is a replacement rear sight unit with rear sight blade and provisions to mount a Burris Fastfire. It was DIRT cheap too, 289$ if I'm not mistaken, with the mini. I guess it didn't sell as well as it should have (it allowed for cowitnessing of the iron sights too), and they stopped selling on the website. Might be able to track one down on the secondary market though, but no telling how much it'll cost. I REALLY REALLY REALLY wanted one, but by the time I had saved up enough, they had yanked it... So I bought my Deregulator with the money and blew the rest on ammo, hehe!

The rail I have installed on my SGL-21 might be something you'd be interested in Hook, but it's a tad pricey. I've referenced it some 3 times in this thread already, so I won't repeat myself. Don't want to sound like an advertisement.

K- I love the Scar-17, the newest releases have an ambi charging handle now, instead of one you could switch back and forth, and I really wish the Army would remove thier heads from thier 4 points of contact and issue them to us. 40,000 rounds with no lube and a big fat goose egg for malfunctions? Come on?! no brainer! The price point is the killer for me though, ain't no way no how I'd be able to get one until the price comes down out of the upper atmosphere.

"Teaching is not showing others new things, but reminding them that they know as well as you."

JYD #118