El Caca...forgot to mention...that's the gear that I have next to the bed every night. I had already put up the chest rig that I keep with the other gear (10 additional 30rd AK mags, 2 additional 15rd Glock mags).

Never know when you're going to have to roll out of bed, and get to work.

My suspicion proved correct then! other than the rail, my SLR-106f is identical. First time I ran mine, I was amazed at how it just sat on the target during rapid fire strings. With the bulgarian mags I have for it, it hardly feels any heavier than my M16. I've been running the SLR hard and putting it away wet, trying to see how long it takes before it starts malfunctioning. It's currently loaded and standing up in the corner with a mag full of Hornady TAP loads. I love how with a full magazine I can stand the AK up by itself on the rear of the reciever with the stock folded, a neat little feature.

I recently picked up an SGL21 as well, for half the MSRP after they dropped thier prices, and it's become my kit gun and primary home defense carbine. She sits in the closet with a 30 rounder loaded with hollow points, and a spare mag in a buttstock pouch. I also threw on several Krebs custom add ons, thier Rear sight Rail and aftermarket safety lever, and this thing is a KILLER. Even with shoddy surplus ammo, some of which I could pull the bullets with my fingers, I managed to shoot a ragged one hole group with the irons. The Rail adds so much length to the sight radius, and with the rear peep sight, it'll easily outshoot me. I love the knockdown power that 7.62x39 has as well. Added a single point sling, and eventually I'm going to swap out the stock for an M4 collapsing type, and it's basically combat ready. Oh, and Glass, I was thinking a Comp M4s, gotta love AA batteries.

It seems we both have the same taste in quality AKs!

"Teaching is not showing others new things, but reminding them that they know as well as you."

JYD #118