cbc you are not alone.

i generally try to avoid posting in these sort of threads. not because because I agree or disagree to any great extent but more so because if you don't wholeheartedly agree with some people then you automatically become "the enemy". not so much on this forum but on some forums it seems people actually plan to live out a modern day version of "gangs of new york" or something. and also because my posts get pretty longwinded when I get into pointing out chicken little and that "the sky is falling" has been going on since man could document it. and somehow the world is always worse for the generation that is around to say it. i admit it could be i'm he one thinking the world is flat but i'm just not as quick to usher in the end of our existance as some seem to be. not saying it won't happen but it would really suck for the world to end on my (our) watch. i guess I could find somebody to blame but it all on but I'd rather not go there in the first place.

but don't get me wrong... i like a good world in peril, end of days, zombie flick as much as anybody. I also really appreciate the positive effects that "prepping" seems to be having on our society when comes to dealing with disasters. I personally won't be prepping out of spite or saying "they" are making me do it. i want to do it and i think its wise to make these types of preparations. and at this point I can only blame myself if I am not prepared for the next likely natural (or unlikely manmade) catastrophic event. i like the idea of becoming self reliant and a better candidate for surviving the end of the world even though I doubt it's coming anytime soon. I like the survivalist movement for the entertainment value and the fact that it promotes the basics of living well. I like it so much so that i have been building/planning an outdoors forum that will probably launch in the next month or so. as for the political drama and tin foil hats... it's just not my thing but who am I to say what's what? so I end up just avoiding the topic when it gets into who, why, when, or how the world ends.

JYD #82 yup...