We have a unique situation here in Canada
Historically we had two major political parties federally and a small left wing party
If you didn't count Quebec, the province of Ontario had more seats in parliament then the rest of the country combined

Since 1867 most governments of Canada where of the opinion that what was good for Ontario and Quebec was good for Canada

There has lead to a feeling of alienation among many western Canadians
We also have a situation where the majority of our population lives in the major city centers. This has also lead to a feeling of alienation for rural areas

I have been a proponent of a triple e senate or giving provinces powers more inline with states in the USA
Failing that I am a western separatist

Many Canadians have an inferiority complex, sort of like the plain younger sister of the prom queen (USA)that secretly smiles when something goes wrong for her pretty sister

This can be seen when you look at some of our larger cities
Toronto likes to think of itself as NYC north
Hamilton like Detroit
Vancouver like LA

Just like the petty younger sister, they like to think they are more worldly and not so superficial
When times are good they will snipe about her, but when the shtf they are blood and nothing else matters

It does bother me when I see Canadians talking smack about the USA, just as it bothers me when Americans that know nothing about Canada talk smack about us

The stripes of a tiger don't wash away. Be a man of steel not clay JYD #102