More I think about it the more I am pretty positive if I could have ONE and ONLY one blade it would be as I mentioned before my Chophouse Lean cut. Like I've said before I have a VERY similar blade shaped knife like the chophouse and I have used it for just about anything you could think of. Was it always ideal for what I was doing, no, but it did get the job done. And THAT is what matters.

If you are going into a TEOTWAWKI situation you will need something that you can cut down that is more than 3 or 4 inches thick. AND you will need to process a lot of wood for one thing or another. Can a shorter blade do it, sure it can. Bushcrafters prove that all the time. But a larger blade can do it better. Is a big blade good for skinning out game animals or fish? Not really it's forte, but it can accomplish the task, and once again THAT is what is important.

All this being said I WOULD still like to have my Muppy with me. grin My Moderator Mud Mutt or 411 would work but I really really like the Mud Puppy.

A Little Paranoia Will Keep
You Safe (ALPWKYS)

Be a Sheepdog
JYD#105