Oh well!

I guess I will go back to my cutting saplings! Of course had anyone ever asked me, this is MY way of testing these knives BEFORE I bring them to Kenya and other places and trust my life with them. It's not like I am in the woods everyday cutting trees. I try them out like this a few times to make sure they can hold up to the real abuse they are about to endure. Also it is just [censored] cool to see what they can do. Because if the knife breaks I can have it replaced. If I am isolated and in the field, I am screwed! By everyone abusing their knives the way that we have, we know EXACTLY what they are capable of!

I guess my using them in the African bush is not real use. Or the rest of us who are/were in the military and use a knife from doing chores to cutting throats.

He must have some purpose or directive from God himself. I wonder what his idea is when it comes to "really using his knife". Something like opening boxes or cutting string. He must be a real mountain man as he is never around the internet. No outlet in the woods. Now if you live in the country I can see where use of a knife would be an everyday occurrence. But for me, right now.....in my office.....I just opened my paycheck with a letter opener. The DM would be overkill.

You know it is said that we must always practice using our skills and tools so that we are ready when the real $H%T hits the fan. Now I live in a city and I know they would not like it if I were to walk down the street with a knife hanging on my belt, so no I can't EDC my knives. Only in the woods can I test them until they are put to REAL use. But until I can go camping or back to Kenya or to the Amazon as I am supposed to do, I will use my letter opener.

Last edited by DMelone; 04/13/07 04:35 PM.

JYD #13!!! "Nobody knocks off an old man in my neighborhood and gets away with it." - The Burbs