Oh well!

I guess my using them in the African bush is not real use. Or the rest of us who are/were in the military and use a knife from doing chores to cutting throats.

He must have some purpose or directive from God himself. I wonder what his idea is when it comes to "really using his knife". Something like opening boxes or cutting string. He must be a real mountain man as he is never around the internet. No outlet in the woods. Now if you live in the country I can see where use of a knife would be an everyday occurrence. But for me, right now.....in my office.....I just opened my paycheck with a letter opener. The DM would be overkill.

You know it is said that we must always practice using our skills and tools so that we are ready when the real $H%T hits the fan. Now I live in a city and I know they would not like it if I were to walk down the street with a knife hanging on my belt, so no I can't EDC my knives. Only in the woods can I test them until they are put to REAL use. But until I can go camping or back to Kenya or to the Amazon as I am supposed to do, I will use my letter opener.

Well Dan,
He said he wanted a rugged knife to split the pelvis of a deer or hog! This fellow's implication that his time was so valuable that he did not have time to sit in front of a computer and that those who do chat here were in some way not up to his par was laughable. The fact that those of us that do travel actively and have extremely tight and busy schedules (which involves extensive use of our blades in extreme circumstances), choose to spend some or all of their extra time on this forum, says alot about the forum and the people in it. We all choose to utilize our time in ways that reward us.

I also vented just a bit in my earlier post. It amazes me that the simple concept of mutual respect and courtesy are looked at as weakness by some people.

Junk Yard Dog # 27 OCCASIONALLY WRONG BUT NEVER UNCERTAIN