I finished reading the book When There Is No Doctor: Preventive and Emergency Healthcare in Challenging Times . It was ok. It had a few nuggets of information. I got way more out of one of my Wilderness medicine books. Medicine for the Outdoors: The Essential Guide to Emergency Medical Procedures and First Aid . Maybe thats why it didn't like this one as much.

I made a mistake and purchased Where there is no DR last year. Completely different book and while there was pertenent information it was more suited to missionaries and thrid world countries.

My Dad is an ER Doc and my wife is a nurse I hope they are around when I need them!

Some of the best advice I ever heard was to not get sick or hurt. Some things you can prevent some you can not.

Always wear gloves and good shoes. These are often overlooked.

A small injury in the field can be a big deal. I know people who have had to have major surgery from infections from small splinters. Not such a big deal when the hospital is a few minutes away but obviously an inssue in the situations we discuss.

Ask yourself how many cuts you could have prevented with gloves on...

Anyway, I have been tossing Mechanix gloves in my packs.

Military guys are always told to take care of their feet correct? Simple things like changing into dry socks can really make a difference.

Join the NRA JYD #69 If a 6 turned out to be 9 Join the NRA