FOOD - our fragile system and the powers that seek to control it.

Food is not as fun to discuss as guns, knives, and other essentials. However, it is, in my somewhat informed decision, likely to play a critical role in whatever large scale catastrophe is awaiting mankind.

I neither condone nor encourage the consumption of humans. However, I have researched the historic evidence about canniblism throughout history in protracted survival circumstances as part of my attempt to educate people moderately aware of the perils facing mankind. Again, the purpose of my research was to shock individuals into understanding the depth of seriousness a food crisis creates. I would never resort to the act as I hold humanbeings in extremely high regard and have no interest in defiling the dead.

My knowledge is related to deep research into human behavior while subjected to extreme survival circumstances. I conducted corresponding research into contemporary views regarding depravitity to gauge the likelihood of savage behavior in modern times. The topic generally enraged uninformed individuals who espoused a utopian vision of the end times wherein all people would join hands and sing kumbaya. This is in obvious contradiction to all historic evidence regarding human behavior in critical circumstances. The level of self delusion I encountered, ironically, reinforced my concerns about a canabalistic apocalyptic scenario as many in the now defunct "prepper movement" where woefully under prepared for the realities of a world without the rule of law. Therein these individuals would have participated (willingly or unwillingly) in the creation of the very environment they denied had existed.

We must all remember that our "first world" view of food has changed. Most individuals do not grasp the fragility of our food supply and distribution systems. Thus, they anticipate the never ending availability of Twinkies at Wal-Mart. Their cupboards are as bare as their knowledge of food production, food acquisition and preservation.

The "first world" has never been more susceptible to a food crisis than now.

I cannot buy a bell pepper made in the United States locally. One major EMP event and every subjected tractor, cultivator, and semi truck will stop working. The government subsidizes soybean and corn so fields once being soil enriched with cattle manure are now covered with these crops. Therefore, farmers do not even possess the beasts of burden required to till, plant, and harvast crops in the traditional ways.

GMO is also invading every corner of US agriculture. If you're uniformed about the potentially castrophic effect of GMO food ask a biologist what they think about people releasing invasive species into nature. They'll likely tell you about the havoc created by the apple snail and others. Short story: they destroy the indigenous species. Now, what happens when an organization creates "patented food" that cross breds with indigenous species? Monsanto sues the farmer for patent infringement. They have not been defeated in court. This is a serious issue on two fronts: heirloom seeds are disappearing (the only type of seed capable of producing the same plant from harvasted seeds) and one mega corporation is exerting increasing control over our food supply: they will literally sue you if their product falls out of a grain truck and sprouts on your property.

Randy, if this topic is too incendary - delete the post.

JYD #123 The great one formerly known as Architect.

I am now a fictional British television police officer (currently a Detective Sgt) at Thames Valley Station. My governor is Detective Inspector Fred Thursday and it’s 1969.