A note on imported foods:

Unfortunately we have been buying imported products with increasing frequency. This obviously is an enormous philosophical issue for us as we're personally knowledgable about this issues. HOWEVER, it also places pressure on American companies to provide products we want. For example, we only buy orangic (usually domestic) and imported cheese. Why imported? All of the Irish cheeses we buy are produced from 100% free range grass fed cows. Their milk is as nature intended. Further, many European countries have prohibitions on GMO, hormone, anti-biotic use, etc.

My wife spends a great deal of time researching and vetting a specific company and product prior to our purchase. However, we often become reliable and dedicated customers once we find the "right products".

This isn't a solution to long term production and preservation, but it is another battle in the food wars. Everyone of us is responsible for forcing domestic (doesn't matter what country your from) suppliers and producers to provide the products we demand. This battle is a financial one. Don't spend your food dollars on the cheapest option. Buy the best option for you (notice I didn't say the most expensive. We all have differing financial situations and make decisions accordingly. However, food is not a place to save budget dollars).

JYD #123 The great one formerly known as Architect.

I am now a fictional British television police officer (currently a Detective Sgt) at Thames Valley Station. My governor is Detective Inspector Fred Thursday and it’s 1969.