Yes mate there is a fine line of "something" that holds together our "civilisation", in recent years we have seen what can happen when that line is strained and not even broken (LA Riots, Katrina in NO, London in 2012, Macquarie Fields and Redfern here in Aus, Ferguson MO, RAWANDA in 94, Sierra Leone), some of those examples are left field and people will argue "Third World" but the reality is that the human beastie is only just under the surface already in many societies.

I have significant first hand experience dealing with the worst society has to offer. I know and have seen the depravity and violence that some will inflict on others for either fun or just to make a point, I do truly hate to imagine what it would look like without any constraints in place whatsoever. Feudal warlord'ish I suspect.

I see one of the hardest tasks in such circumstances is to maintain one's humanity. I am already pretty hard of heart, whilst also being the guy trying to gently steer people in the right direction. If push comes to shove I am afraid I will be short on "the milk of human kindness" but I firmly believe that I will not become a "general predator". The scared and unprepared (psychologically and physically) actually scare me more than the truly bad. They will be rash, ill considered and hysterical. All things that are very difficult to easily manage. They will be the people that would see everything lost because they have little and are bleating on about it/jealous etc. Or they will be the ones who will run to the predators looking to sell another out for a small morsel.

At least the truly bad/predacious are predictable in so far as the avenue to best manage them is clear.

Oh and ...Zombie Zombie Zombie.... wink