As a note: I at the office a minimum of 10 hours a day. A 14 hour day isn't terribly uncommon.

We still manage an amazing food life.

If you're married (and especially if you have children) you have to develop a team strategy toward food. My wife likes to eat (and somehow stays at about 115 pounds) so our road was easier than someone who for example hates to cook. However, we use food as "family time". This has many facets:

I come home for lunch to a delicious freshly prepared salad every day;

We talk about meal planning and discuss food in a fun way;

She reads about food and shares her findings with me;

We often un-plant our bottoms from in front of the idiot box and spend time exploring the food isles together (more organic products are showing up everyday);

We bought a house with a kitchen designed for people who like to cook and eat. We spend time in it together. This may be me sitting and talking or doing something else but we're together making it less of a chore;

At times we cook together;

I try to help with clean up to help promote a healthy marriage and food atmosphere;

We plan trips around food;

We attend farm markets, lectures, and farm visits together;

We share food information with anyone that will listen;

So forth.

I bring this up to illustrate food isn't only about nourishment. Food is the cornerstone of life, society, and family.

Last edited by Architect; 02/28/16 10:08 AM.

JYD #123 The great one formerly known as Architect.

I am now a fictional British television police officer (currently a Detective Sgt) at Thames Valley Station. My governor is Detective Inspector Fred Thursday and it’s 1969.