Fred,

I'm glad this thread is helpful. Hopefully we'll stay on topic and other Dogs will contribute good info like JJ has done.

I forgot the commo devices in the OP, and probably a couple of other items too. I have a very complete list of my gear written in Word.doc format but it isn't with me at this moment.

Good for your church - having a tight knit community of like minded people can make the difference between surviving "it" and perishing.

I will, however, caution you:

No matter how well meaning you are or how much you trust your congregation - people will change in an emergency. I highly recommend you keep some of the details of your supplies and planning a secret. This even applies to your children, because they will talk to their friends.

Finding a balance between your Christian charitable obligation and your obligation to your family is something you need to work out.

JYD #123 The great one formerly known as Architect.

I am now a fictional British television police officer (currently a Detective Sgt) at Thames Valley Station. My governor is Detective Inspector Fred Thursday and it’s 1969.