The Belt Order

The Belt Order is designed as a "mini-survival kit". This is to be on you at ALL TIMES! You can leave your ruck in camp while you forage / set up traps / fish or hunt / use the bathroom / scout / etc as long as you do not take off the belt order! The contents of a survival belt order usually include:

1. USGI or Improved Civilian Equivalent Pistol Belt - this is NOT used to hold up your trousers. This is to be worn OVER your trouser belt.

Now that we've addressed those issues, lets move on to the BOB itself....

3b) PETROL COTTON!

4a) MATCHES!

2) 550 CORD!
I prefer to attach a set of suspenders to my web belt to keep the weight on my shoulders. I know others that find the suspenders uncomfortable with other gear.

Another option for the vaseline cotton balls, is to get larger slurpee type straws. You can stuff the cotton into the straws and fold over the ends (you can later cut the straws to get the desired amount of cotton ball out). You can also dip cotton balls into paraffin wax, leaving one end free of wax or coated in Vaseline. If you practice you will get the amount of wax right to increase the burn time.
You can also take cotton string, dip it into paraffin wax and cut into lengths such as what will fit into a 35mm film case. I usually double up the string until it is about 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick before dipping in wax. Theses light easily with a lighter or put one end into a cotton ball.

Caution with match containers, plastic ones have been known to build up a static charge and light the matches inside. I do not know anyone that this has happened to, but I have been told f this risk

8mm or 9mm static cord may be a better option for some people than paracord

The stripes of a tiger don't wash away. Be a man of steel not clay JYD #102