I have never smoked and will never smoke so its easy for me to say this....

Survivalism is a lifestyle. A bag full of stuff really isn't going to do you a lot of good if:

1) You don't know how to effectively use the contents.

2) You are so incredibly out of shape as to not be able to carry the bag say 5 miles a day over broken ground.

3) You are so addicted to XYZ as to allow those products to drive you to behave differently than if you weren't addicted to those products. THIS CAN APPLY TO MUCH MORE THAN SMOKING - like "sweets" (some people need chocolate all the time), etc.

I'm not trying to be overly judgmental, but my philosophy on this matter can be summarized thusly:

If you are worried enough about your survival that you're taking the time to prepare GEAR then why not prepare your MIND and BODY too? (Hence my early comment that "survivalism is a lifestyle"). When the military issues a person gear on the first day of basic training - did it make that person a marine or soldier? No, it was the next 8-12 weeks of physical and mental conditioning that STARTED the person toward becoming one.

I sincerely wasn't trying to upset people here, but the idea of preparing to temporarily feed an addiction seems like a poor second choice to just breaking the addiction before you need to temporarily feed it. By the way, what happens after YOUR addiction supplies run out?

JYD #123 The great one formerly known as Architect.

I am now a fictional British television police officer (currently a Detective Sgt) at Thames Valley Station. My governor is Detective Inspector Fred Thursday and it’s 1969.