In the interest of full disclosure I am neither a democrat nor republican. This will probably shock a lot of you who had me pegged as a Republican.

I have never once voted for a democrat, and faithfully voted for republicans until the last presidential election. The GOP's selection of McCain was the proverbial "final straw" for me.

I've been involved in politics for a long time (active involvement with campaigns, political action organizations, etc), and have watched the following truth expand over the past 20 years:

DEMOCRATS - You are the pawns of the Power Elite. They buy your votes with Government Programs (wealth redistribution), but they do not really care about you. They have an agenda, and you - like a pawn in chess - are just a throw away measure for them to achieve those goals.

REPUBLICANS - You've been hoodwinked. You've bought into the idea that questioning so-called Conservatives (when they pass legislation or write Executive Orders that rapes the Constitution) is "unpatriotic". You wrap yourself in the flag that your party no longer cares about. Statism and Facism is the new Republican way. Don't believe me? Read the John Warner Defense Authorization Act or the Patriot Act...both signed into law by a Republican President.

Republicans you have also bought into the idea of "giving up freedom for the promise of protection". Well, what did our Founding Fathers have to say about this?

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin 1775

“If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy” - James Madison (Father of the U.S. Constitution & 4th President)

The second quote is of amazing importance, because just last night I heard more talk of "Terrorism" on Foxnews. Are we to really believe that the greatest nation to ever exist has to strip rights (violate the Constitution via non-warranted wire taps, hold people without due process, search homes, etc) from ITS CITIZENS to protect them from a handful of cave dwellers on the other side of the world? Seriously?

Don't allow yourself to be sold on the idea that the American people cannot choose a good course of self determination. We did very well until 1913.

In case you're wondering what my party affiliation is...I don't have one. I'm a self declared "Liberty Loving Constitutionalist who doesn't feel that party affiliation benefits We The People". I won't vote for anyone that violates the Constitution. I stand in their way.

Last edited by Architect; 03/12/11 02:18 PM.

JYD #123 The great one formerly known as Architect.

I am now a fictional British television police officer (currently a Detective Sgt) at Thames Valley Station. My governor is Detective Inspector Fred Thursday and it’s 1969.