I can get a shotgun with an 8 1/2" or 12" barrel as long as it has a full stock, HOWEVER to legally hunt with it it must have a minimum 12" barrel
I am looking at buying a 44 mag Rossi ranch hand (it is classified as a rifle in Canada) and putting a full stock on it and use it for a camp/quad gun
Originally Posted by Andy the Aussie
Short shotguns.... a FAVOURITE of mine, the way a 14inch 870 handles compared to a 20 just astounds me. To me the 14 does about 85% of things BETTER than the 20, especially if you are working out of a vehicle. Back in the day I mostly had a 14 inch 870 with a Speedfeed stock jammed down in the footwell of the car next to my leg, I could easily draw it up and into play, 20 was just too long. I have always preferred the standard style stock on a shotgun BUT now the new "Knox" type stocks are a thing again. That said the same 870 with a PG stock does not sit as well down next to the leg like I use to carry. The guys doing the same work as I was back then have short Knox stocked 870s on a single point bungee worn over a plate carrier with the barrel down between the legs, it works but is not as unobtrusive as it use to be.... wink

The stripes of a tiger don't wash away. Be a man of steel not clay JYD #102