cloak, you're 100% right. you have nothing to apologize for and no reason to be so soft and forgiving with your words other than your good character. there is no excuse for this, those knives have simply been put on the back burner and it is bad business, plain and simple.

Cloak, Magnum, it gives me no pleasure to agree with you. But I do. It’s true that Scrap Yard Knives is a small business using an eccentric business model. It’s true that moving from one state to another merits cutting Dan some slack. But putting the DMDCs on indefinite hold while releasing two new models is just not okay. Abusing knives is one thing. Abusing your loyal customer base is something else.

I’ve read complaints on BladeForum about unanswered emails and difficulties doing business with the Yard. “It looks like they make good knives, but I can’t be bothered dealing with them until they get their act together.” At this point it’s hard to defend the Yard. It feels rather like defending a dysfunctional family.

I hope this doesn’t come across as a flame. I write it because somebody needs to. If nobody points out the problems, there is no incentive to fix them.