we have a 15rd limit here in NJ.

15 rd limit? To a Californian that's great!

So for the blowback, does the slide need to be so massive so it doesn't move as fast as a lighter slide?

Sumo: I'm not sure if I'll stay in California when I graduate. I love the coast and have recently taken up surfing, which I also love to do. California, right now at least, has a fair number of engineering job opportunities. As long as the state government doesn't screw things up too much, there still should be jobs here when I'm done with school. What bothers me the most here is the amount that politicians want to control our lives. If it gets much worse in the future, I may have to leave CA to maintain my sanity (and rights)! I guess I'll just decide when I get there (hopefully by the end of the next school year).

Hang in there. I know with the stimulas plan one of the things touted is the re-building of the infra-structure. I am sure there will be jobs available when you get out. Has the California state coffers increased lately, I know they were talking about laying teachers off, etc. not too long ago.

Men you can't trust, women you can't trust, beasts you can't trust, but Bussekin steel you can trust