nice, dumpster dan.

Thanks, my best gun for this type of shoot is an old Ruger 44 mag...loaded down of course. I have run more than 5,000 rounds through that gun so the action is very smooth and fast...for a single action. I do ok with autos by I dont usually miss with a revolver. The 454 Casual Raging Bull was a very accurate gun but that S&W 500 is amazing and it does not kick to talk about...that 454 wears you out after 20 rounds

My favorite autos are a Baby Eagle 9mm (the best feeling handgun of all time), An older Wilson Combat 45...a one hole wonder. I carry my Keltch 32 cal everywhere...quite a little shooter and it fits in the palm of your hand and pocket.

Dan

The Baby Eagle 9mm is also known as the Jericho abroad and back in Isreal...I got to shoot this a fair bit on some joint exercises and loved it as well.

[Linked Image from i343.photobucket.com]

Similar in grip design to the CZ 75 and successive models it is very comfortable but does not use the browning cam design and as a result can be fitted with a moderator and is very reliable. I also like the way the slide tracks inside the frame like the Sig design for greater accuracy.

The only problem with moderators on 9mm rounds is the size needed and how this impacts on balance and feel....for reasons such as this and also the quieter "crack" of a 9mm short or .32acp round...these are more commonly encountered in military "moderated" pistols...but again these are often way too muzzle heavy for good natural pointing...

Here are our old Wellrod designs which still get issued...

[Linked Image from i343.photobucket.com]

The top one is the Mk1 in .32acp and the bottom is the Mk2 in 9mm...single shot and big and cumbersome...they are none the less totally silenced. Re-cocking the pistol manually though is a slow process and re-affirms the point Dan made that accuracy is a final decider on effective use. But if used accurately a .32acp or a .380acp is just as effective as any other round....although for me I like the Ruger I posted earlier...compact and perfectly balanced...and even a .22 works very well if it hits what you aim at.

JYD #75