Well it's hard for me to make a post without going off into the yonder about whatever. My phone typing skills can't even handle a couple lf sentences much less a bunch of yadda yadda. So I will try to keep it simple.

I'm not a picky type but when I see something unique or very close to what I feel I want then I tend to go for it. I completly understand why anybody could feel the FiveSeven round is a step in the wrong direction. I am also the kind of guy who would agree that a 1911 platform wasnt ever necessary. But I also would've gone out and bought one for myself the first day they showed up in stores. In it's day im sure plenty did not agree with it's design or purpose. I recall some of the earlier days of the Glock and wanted one before I could legally buy a gun (1990ish). When I had the chance to buy one I didn't like it so I bought something different. Ath the time I had learned more about the firearm and it's history spoke volumes. I don't tend to follow the "everybody" way of rationalizing things so I opted for something else. If it doesn't work for one person It doesn't mean dismiss it for everybody or marginalize it's existance.. The FsN fits the "not for everybody" category in way more ways that just its design. Im not qualified enough to justify its true purpose though. But I do understand the reasons for the "Why???" and Im afraid the only really appropriate answer I can see is "Because.."

If I had not purshased the FsN I had planned to purchase another abomination in the form of the AR15 pistol. I doubt my choice means more or less to the local police but I am aware of the many processes it took to place the firearm in my possession. I personally can't see any blame that can be placed on Bass Pro, Toyota, Addias, or the treasury deparment if I wake up tomorrow and do horrible things with a XXXXX product in my hand. I think of it in the same way that we don't generally blame alcohol company's for drunk drivers either. People still would never commit the crime without the supply. I believe a drunk is at his/her most efficient with 151 and a souped up mustang. 151 would be pretty effective but we dont compare a drivers ability to drive though a house while drinking 151 .vs the same house with 80 proof. I do stupid analogies all the time by the way...

I can't say anything that hasn't been said in this thread so far. Good conversation though.. [color:"red"] [/color]

JYD #82 yup...