Lazi is talking about the original XD, I believe? I am talking about the XDm, the newer line that SA released, 2009 I believe.

This is the Original XD, theres a few differences and design tweeks, but otherwise they're the same pistols.
[Linked Image from world.guns.ru]

And the XDm, it was mainly upgraded for ergonomics over the XD, and it shows in the grip circumfrence.

[Linked Image from kingdomarms.com]

Some of the improvements include a recontoured slide, the slide on the XD is a square contour, like the glock, the XDm has an angled slide profile, supposed to allow for better contact with the slide when racking the pistol. The picatinny rail molded into the frame also has additional cross slots, allows for a little more leeway mounting a light/laser, and the grip texture has also been significantly altered to add positive grip. Internally, the XDm comes with a match grade barrel, the XD does not. And lastly, the XD, during disassembly, required the user to pull the trigger to remove the slide from the frame. Apparently someone who doesn't know how to properly clear a firearm thought that the trigger pull may result in an accidental discharge (I've never had that problem), so Springfield Armory changed the disassembly procedure, and not the XDm can be disassembled without a trigger pull.

Last edited by El CacaFuego; 01/15/11 06:23 PM.

"Teaching is not showing others new things, but reminding them that they know as well as you."

JYD #118