Originally Posted by SkunkHunter
OK Guys, how do those flash hiders compare to the factory colt one on my AR15 .223 carbine?

The A2 is pretty effective as a flash suppressor and compensator.

I was in a multi-day carbine class once where everyone except me (and one other fool) were using AR-15s. Nearly all of those AR's had A2's on them.

On the second day of training the ground had been pounded into a fine powder. During the prone exercises, every time I fired my AK-101 (5.56 version of a AK-74) that AK-74 brake kicked up so much dust I couldn't see the target for a good moment between shots. Then the wind changed and started blowing the dust in my face. It combined with my sweat to create several rivulets of mud running into my eyes.

The guys on either side of me were shooting ARs with A2 compensators and were not kicking up much dust.

As most military fire comes from a prone position ... the A2 is a good compromise between reducing muzzle flash and keeping debris out of your FOV.

JYD #123 The great one formerly known as Architect.

I am now a fictional British television police officer (currently a Detective Sgt) at Thames Valley Station. My governor is Detective Inspector Fred Thursday and it’s 1969.