I finally bought a TV. I can only think of one other TV that I have ever purchased and actually kept. I bought several TVs in the past but got them home and they sat in the box for a weeks. I eventually realized they'd be out of date before I ever ever used them so would return them. For the last 20 years I watched most everything on my computers. Maybe 10 years ago I bought a used 32" flat screen TV for $50 to use as a computer monitor. I did end up using it to watch regular TV a few times. It was mostly just background noise while working. So now doing this whole self isolation thing is the first time I've ever actually evaluated my whole television situation lol..

So now I have a 50" Samsung Smart TV. All I can say is "WOW! But whatever". It looks really good and I guess it's cool but really I bought it because my eyes are completely shot from starring at too many tiny screens for too long. So now I just got a bigger screen to stare at.

As far as programmed television I have been mostly unplugged for the last 20 something years. I try to watch enough local news to not die and I sort of scavenge for whatever else. As far as TV show and movies I've always figures that I'll see it when I see it... But I like the smart TV features and having access to movies and show. So now I might actually use this TV and actually do the "boob toob" thing. The "free" stuff might be cool and I just started a free trail on NetFlix which is looking pretty nice. If I do subscribe this will be my first time ever paying for a TV service of any kind. But I doubt I'll be a monthly subscriber..

JYD #82 yup...