Well... I got my PFII from Maxped today and I ALMOST wish I had also ordered the Falcon II. After getting the PFII and adjusting the straps for the way I want I think it will work out real nice for a GHB or a BOBL (Bug Out Bag Lite). My trusty Malaga is 11 liters whereas this one is 18. Just a tad over half again as big. I think it will allow me to comfortably carry the weight I presently have in my Malaga (16.5 pounds). I CAN and have carried the Malaga for a couple hours at a time but it does tend to get a mite bothersome. I think that I will find some other use for it, maybe a lite bag for Patty. We shall see.

Even if I go up to 20 pounds with the PFII, I think it will be a lot more comfortable to carry seeing as how it is a conventional two strap pack. Now all I have to do is affix my Mil Surplus IFAK to it and get out my Round SS water Bottles with their nesting cups, do more research and thinking about what I want to carry in it and then see what will maybe need to go and what needs to be added.

All in all I am happy with turning it into a GHB and I'll probably regulate the Malaga into a day ba , or a bag for Patty as I said earlier. Either one of which I pick will open up a whole new can of worms. My brain hurts already. grin

Last edited by SkunkHunter; 05/21/20 05:56 PM.

A Little Paranoia Will Keep
You Safe (ALPWKYS)

Be a Sheepdog
JYD#105