Randy that's a sweet gun! My mom has the xds9 I agree is a awesome gun for the money and I think you made an excellent investment. Only one thing to think about. My moms will not reliably function with hornady critical defence or critical duty. If you look there is two polished places that serve as a feed ramp.
And of course this means it's and intrupted surface. The sharp edge by the poly tip of the round tends to catch there and jam the slide to the rear. Only way to fix it is to lock the slide back and reach in and push the round back in the mag and then remove the mag and offending round. This issues is do to the geometry of the round and that thin copper lip by the poly tip. As soon as we got her shooting traditional hollow points it stopped malfunctioning.

Now I believe this may not be an issue with your and here is why.
The 9mm round has a much shallower come shape to it and there for less surface geometry to ride up the feed ramp.

The 45 is a more spherical shaped round with more surface to contact the feed ramp. BUT PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE THUROUGHLY TEST YOUR GUN WITH THESE ROUNDS BEFORE CARRYING.

Any day I'm above the grass and I'm not a zombie is a good day! JYD#138