Posted this in the death chat, but if anyone has opinions on barrels, I'm all ears. Looking at getting an X-Caliber 24" 6.5 Creedmoor. I was initially thinking SOCOM Heavy, or maybe HBAR profile. Then I thought "do I really want a 4.5-6.5 lbs barrel?" I was thinking their SPR profile. But then, considering the 30% off sale going on, I figured "how about spending the $85 to get a heavier profile (HBAR or Heavy) and have it heavily fluted--6-8 flute corkscrew or spiral, maybe? Anyone have experience with the corkscrew fluting before? I'm wondering if it screws up how the barrel works? I want the rigidity of a heavy barrel without all the weight... Also I'd like the extra surface area to cool it down faster between shots.

There are also 6-10 straight flutes, diamond fluting, 6-10 rows of dimpled fluting, and skip fluting for straight out spiral flutes. Not looking to pay 2x that for their "thermal fluting."

JYD #126
Super JYD #13

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

- Benjamin Franklin

"A free people ought to be armed."

- George Washington