Lazi, if you ever want to dump that 30-30 let me know smile I have a Marlin 30-30 XLR and it's one of my favorite rifles. I have a 16" Mossberg 30-30 that needs some love, but it will need to wait till I have time to find a load with a fast burning powder so I don't get blinded by the flash in broad daylight.

I've always sorta kicked myself for going with that Mossberg instead of a 336. 16" is just a bit short for a 30-30, though it's handy in a tree stand...

Also have a Marlin LTD Edition 45-70 that I regularly use. One of 500 made. Just saw one still in box go for $5700 and thought "Why the heck am I hunting with this????"

Then there's the Rossi 45LC in stainless with a cherry stock. Live the look, though I've yet to hunt with it.

And the Marlin 44Mag ... That one I really like. Shoot a deer at 20 yards (if that). I saw the hole open up through the sites. Tracked that deer for over 100 yards despite a double lung hit. I wasn't that impressed from a "deer stopping" perspective (though I wouldn't hesitate to shoot one again inside 50 yards), but that and the 45LC would make fantastic defense/truck guns. Something like 10 rounds for in the full-barrel-length mag. A 357 would also make for a fantastic rifle.

...and if course the 45-70 Cowboy 24" octagon barrel that I've loaned indefinitely to my dad...I couldn't bear to scope it, and he shoots cowboy action, so it seemed a natural fit smile

...and the Henry 22lr...

I DO wish I had a 357....and a few others.

Last edited by DogTired; 10/27/20 07:50 PM.

JYD #126
Super JYD #13

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

- Benjamin Franklin

"A free people ought to be armed."

- George Washington