Originally Posted by DogTired
My only regrets are:

1) I bought a 4.25" single stack RIA Ultra MS 10mm (8+1) earlier this summer, thinking it was a full size. Got it for a great price, and picked up a bunch of extra mags, but not sure I have a use for it (seems heavy for concealed carry and short for hunting).

Maybe I'll list the 10mm locally and see if I get any takers in the next few days. To get the rebate on the 45, I need to buy the gun by the 15th. Doesn't leave much time for dilly-dallying...

Anyone have anything bad to day about RIA? Should I cut my losses here?

What ever happened to your 10MM? 10MM is a fantastic round if you have the right gun chambered in the cartridge. A 4.25" barrel seems a little short to maximum the velocity and resultant ballistic advantages.

I've never owned a RIA but most of what I read on various gun forums seems positive as long as you go into the purchase understanding what you're getting. They aren't Alchemy Custom Weaponry Prime Elite 1911s, but they also don't cost $3000.

If I were you I'd look to move the 4.25" 10MM for a 5" 10MM or 45ACP.

JYD #123 The great one formerly known as Architect.

I am now a fictional British television police officer (currently a Detective Sgt) at Thames Valley Station. My governor is Detective Inspector Fred Thursday and it’s 1969.