I can't see paying $2K for a optic but then again I couldn't see paying $500 for a knife or $2K+ for a rifle. But if it works for the task and the funds are there then things somehow become justified for the "long run".

I'm sure a Elcan is a good choice but I just don't have targets worth the $2500. Even if the glass was clearer than my eyeballs and the build is 100% bomb proof, I don't have the need or the skill set to take advantage of something like that. I actually bought a scope that sells for around $2K a little while back and I'm sure it's worth that to somebody but I couldn't pay that for one. Not for my uses... If I'm lucky I'll use it enough over the next 20 years to eventually eek out some quality time with it. But I just pulled the trigger on a $200 IOR 4x32 "hunting" scope that I expect will see more action than the Swarovski.

I do believe in having the right tool for the job but there also the "law of returns" to consider. If I knew that zombies would be coming in two weeks I'd certainly make some prime choices over the next few days. It's a little harder to make a similar investment in the off chance that I will get a day to go punch holes at the range.

JYD #82 yup...