I'm trying to bounce back from a series of injuries at work. One took my lower back out but I have since recovered. The other a few weeks later did some serious injury to a knee. In fact, I think the only thing left intact was PCL and MCL. Everything else was either torn, broken, or severed. It turns out that would have been a career ender, had I not chosen to retire. I'm still not recovered enough to have been released back to work and likely won't be until mid March. I'll be lucky to get 80% recovery and thats not looking good.

But with a gimp brace, I can do most things without the grinding popping and associated pain. But almost 9 months of inactivity has taken a toll. Weight gain and loss of muscle mass is going to take time to reverse. I'll get there but I literally have to walk before I can run. I'm hoping by summer I will hit some mid term goals for fitness.

Back in the day, I was a pretty competitive amateur in the highland/Strong Man Games. I just sold off a good portion of my weights since we are moving and it's unlikely I'll be lifting crazy heavy weight anymore. I'm going to ease into the freakish Oldman strength category.

JYD #113

I'm getting to old for this Stuff................