I posted this over on farcebook just for grins and giggles. Have at it dogs. wink

I’ve been a fan of the Karambit since the 90’s. I will be 70 Feb 22 and believe it is the perfect Defensive blade for those who are not very strong, or the elderly. Let me explain.

Most folks who aren’t very strong or are elderly don’t have the strength speed or dexterity to effectively use a conventional knife. No disrespect intended, just a fact.

But we are capable of “slapping” or “slashing” movements, at which the Karambit excels. And yes, you can stab with it, just not usually to deep.

Plus the retention ring allows you to maintain the knife in your hand so you’re not so easily disarmed. And they additionally aren’t as long usually as a conventional straight bladed knife so are therefore more easily carried.

So there you have it, my thoughts of the Karambit and its usefulness as a defensive device if ever needed by the young and infirm or the elderly.

And remember, a knife (even a gun) is ONLY to allow you to extract yourself from a life or death situation, nothing more.

Last edited by SkunkHunter; 11/07/23 10:08 PM.

A Little Paranoia Will Keep
You Safe (ALPWKYS)

Be a Sheepdog
JYD#105