In my adult work life I was VERY fortunate, and it all started with partying to much in college.

I partied to much and flunked out in my 2nd year. At that time I had been in the Air Force ROTC program for a whole year. I told my parents what had happened and also told then I was thinking about joining the Air Force. Dad asked me if I had REALLY thought about it and I told him I had.

A week later I went to the Recruiters and said I DO. grin Finally 20 years later I retired at the rank of E6 (Refused to gain another rank as I was burned out with all the BS/politics). I actually tried to get out at 19 years and they wouldn't let me.

I OFFICALLY retired from the AF March 1 1994 after 20 years, 1 month and 16 days and was honorably discharged with 50% of my base pay.

I actually started working for the Sheriff's Office in January of 1994 (I was on terminal leave from the Military) and I finally retired from there after 25 years and 1 month.

I now draw more than one retirement check, a small disability check from the VA and now just this year my Social Security. I held off drawing my SS until age 66 (Full retirement for me, so I wouldn't be penalized 200 dollars a month by retiring a year early). I have been fortunate in what I did work wise my adult life. SO in a nutshell, since I graduated from High School I have only had two jobs. MY Golden years so far, haven't been all that bad. AND being married to a good woman just makes it all worth it. Oh and NOT having any bills.

Last edited by SkunkHunter; 07/05/20 05:55 PM.

A Little Paranoia Will Keep
You Safe (ALPWKYS)

Be a Sheepdog
JYD#105